Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Can training for a half-marathon be fashionable?

I recently started training to run a half-marathon.  I may not be attractive or look my best when I'm running, but I definitely plan out my outfit to wear to the gym or the park in hopes of looking cute.  Growing up, I loved running in Soffe shorts, but as I've gotten older and now have car keys, cell phone, ID and whatever else with me, I needed a different kind of running short.  That's when I was introduced to shorts with a zipper pocket in the back just for those items.

My favorite pair of running shorts is by Nike.  They have the zipper pocket in the back and are Dri-FIT.  According to Nike, Dri-FIT is a moisture-wicking material made up of 62% cotton, 34% polyester and 4% spandex.  These shorts literally keep you dry and cool you off.  A concern when wearing anything with spandex is the dreaded VPL, visible panty line, but mark my words, you don't have it with these shorts!

Since the pants are form fitting, I tend to pair it with t-shirts.  I usually wear shirts from different colleges I have connections to.  It's a great conversation piece, trust me!  I've been stopped by guys numerous times when headed to or leaving the gym asking me if that's where I go to school.  While my hair is always pulled back in a ponytail, I like to wear a stretchy headband that matches the color of something I'm wearing.  It keeps my bangs out of my face and looks cute.


                                                                 My favorite running shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment